JAT TOUCH RECRUIT (ASIA) LIMITED (“JAT”) is committed to protect and use your personal data in accordance with Hong Kong Privacy Principles under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and our data privacy policies. JAT RECRUIT PTE LTD (“JAT”) is committed to protect and use your personal data in accordance with Singapore Privacy Obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and our data privacy policies. In addition, we maintain the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage thereto.
1, Collection of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data of our employees, potential employees, clients, suppliers, business contacts, shareholders and website users.
JAT may collect your name, contact details, skills, qualifications, accreditations and your employment history. We may also collect other types of your Personal Data such as references and employment objectives during the course of dealing with you, for example if you are considered for a particular employment position. The purpose for which we collect Personal Data and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection.
We may collect Personal Data when you:
- register or subscribe to our services or request further services on any of our websites;
- contact us to report a problem with our websites or make any enquiry or query or comment; and
- you apply online for a job or work with JAT, you may need to provide (without limitation) data about your education, employment history and accreditations. Your application will constitute your consent to our use of this data to access your application and to allow us to carry out any reference checking and other related activities as may be required of us under applicable law as an employer.
JAT may also collect data from public record and third parties.
2, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- to provide, or facilitate the delivery of, our products and services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV generally, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our products and services;
- to match your qualification, experience details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and, where you have provided your prior consent as a candidate, to send your personal data to clients in order to apply for jobs for you;
- to provide clients with data about you during an assignment or placement, including qualifications, licenses, checks (including sensitive data checks, where you have consented), migration status and other personal data you have provided to us;
- to contact any reference from details provided by you for the purpose of JAT placing you with a client;
- to communicate with you, including answering your inquiries;
- to market and promote products and services to you, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other data. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may unsubscribe from such communications at anytime;
- to different parts of the JAT worldwide to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally;
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide products or services that you have requested, such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests, and to third parties who provide services to us, such as professional advisers, IT consultants, mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties must comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as JAT;
- if JAT merges with or is acquired by another business, we may share your personal data with the new owners of the business and their advisers and if this happens, you will be notified of such an event;
- we may also disclose your personal data if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by data privacy law;
- to meet or comply with any legal, regulatory or statutory requirements relating to our provision of products and services and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, legislation, rule, ruling, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code (collectively “laws”) applicable to us;
- for research, benchmarking and statistical analysis; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose or reason not listed above or permitted under the privacy laws or other applicable laws.
3, Sharing of Personal Data
While your personal data will be kept confidential, in certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to provide or disclose your personal data if required for any of the foregoing purposes. Where we do so, we would merely disclose data that is necessary for the purpose of such disclosure.
We may share your personal data with the following categories of persons (who may be located within or outside of Hong Kong and Singapore), such as entities within the JAT including all related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies, our affiliates, licensees, joint venture partners; our sub-contractors and service or product providers in connection with our products or services; and anybody or person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under any laws or in response to any competent or government, state, provincial, local government, statutory or municipal authority, industry regulators, law enforcement authority, agency or body.
4, Sensitive Data
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive data through this site or otherwise. In the limited cases where we do seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with rules and regulations issued by the Privacy Commissioner of Personal Data and/or ask for your consent.
5, Privacy on Our Websites
1, Submitting Your Curriculum Vitae (“CV”) and Applying for Jobs
You may submit your CV to JAT via this website, either for general consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they arise or to apply for a specific advertised job. Once submitted, your CV will be sent directly to the relevant JAT recruitment consultant who will review your details and advise you whether you are to be accepted by us for registration on our central database. This database, including your Personal Data, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in other offices of the JAT, both inside and outside Hong Kong and Singapore. If you are accepted onto our database, our recruitment consultants should then contact you to set up an interview in person. You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV via our websites.
2, Aggregate Data About Website Visitors
We gather data and statistics about all visitors to this and all of our websites worldwide, including the most frequently accessed pages and most frequently used services. We only use such data in aggregate form (that is, the data does not identify any one individual). This data helps us determine the most beneficial parts of our websites and ways in which we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We also publish some of this aggregate (non-identifiable) data on the JAT websites.
6, Security of Personal Data
JAT maintain organizational, physical and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake.
The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the data we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your data to carry out our business activities are allowed access and committee members only have access to the contact details of members of their own committee and not other committees);
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep Personal Data secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
7, Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. We maintain specific records management and retention policies and procedures, so that personal data are deleted after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
- we retain your data as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular if you have an account with us);
- we will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to you;
- we retain your data for as long as needed in order to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
- If we no longer require your Personal Data and are not legally required to retain it, JAT will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Data.
8, Website Links
Where we have links to websites outside the JAT, we cannot ensure that your privacy will be protected in accordance with this policy. You should consult these other websites’ privacy policies as we have no control over them and are not responsible for any data that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
9, Access to Personal Data
You may request access to or update or to delete your Personal Data held at JAT by contacting the JAT Privacy Officer as set out below. We may ask to verify your identity and for more data about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you reasons for doing so. Where you request your Personal Data to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your Personal Data of such dispute. If you have created an account with JAT via our website, you are able to view and update any data by logging into your account.
You may also request that JAT stops using your data and contacting you and we will comply with your request. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds data about our clients. We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for access and updating requests.
At JAT we aim to acknowledge receipt as soon as possible and commit to resolve all complaints no later than 30 days. However, there may be instances where this is not possible due to the contents of the complaint. In such circumstances, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable and practical time. You may wish to contact the Hong Kong Personal Data Commissioner or Singapore Personal Data Protection Commissioner if you are not satisfied with our respond to your complaint.
Contact details: email@example.com
JAT TOUCH RECRUIT (ASIA) LIMITED
7/F, The Wave,
4 Hing Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 3957 1257
JAT RECRUIT PTE LTD
24 Raffles Place
#28-15, Clifford Centre
Phone: +65 6715 1428